This blog is created to support conversation generated from and about the learning process for MA Professional Practice (MAPP) in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (ACI) at Middlesex University.

Monday 27 November 2017

First Sunday Discussion Group and Student Rep info.

December 3rd we will have our First Sunday Discussion Groups
11am (time in London)
and
5pm (time in London)

Please comment below to indicate which one you will attend and suggest topics for discussion.

Also please note J Davis Hobdy is your MAPP student representative. We are looking for a second representative - keep him company! This would be starting from December 2017 so if you are a Module One or Module Two student please let us know if you would like to do this. It involves being available and asking students for their thoughts about the course, how we can support the course. There is a skype Student Voice meeting you would be asked to attend in February each year. This is part of our move to being wholly in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries from being partly in Work Based Learning.

Speak to you all soon.

18 comments:

  1. I would like to attend the 5pm meeting on 3 December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to attend the 5pm meeting, but I will probably be 10-15 minutes late due to a rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and discussion topics, I'd like to talk about ideas on how to fill in learning gaps for older students that have had patchwork or poor training previously.

      Delete
  3. I would like to attend the 11 am meeting on 3 December. For the topics: I would like to discuss how we integrate our previous knowledge /learning on different levels of learning and how the others perceive the notion of "Dance practitioner".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to discuss at 11am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I would join at 5 pm please. I would like to discuss the significance of verbal communication in the non-verbal art form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Parimala
      I have been doing some research on different forms of communication recently and how they are effective in the studio and classroom! What are your thoughts on this?

      Delete
  6. Hi Adesola, Could we please discuss about Harvard citations, as I was unable to get proper guidance on this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Adesola, I would like to join the 5pm discussion group please. I am keen to discuss consistency alongside spontaneity in how this implicates class control. Also funding cuts and how we can change this. Also Harvard citations and further guidance. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Adesola, I would like to join the 5pm group please. My topic of discussion is - is tradition is still valid in the training of our art form today and if so, to what extent?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Adesola, I would like to join the 5 pm discussion group, please . I would like to discuss the dress code inside the dance classes, and the importance of it. How the appropriate clothes influence the students. Are they be more efficient. Also Harvard citations and further guidance about writing part. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Adesola, I would like to participate in the 11am session. A topic, that I have been thinking about a lot lately and would be interested to discuss is discipline and how it affects group dynamics and learning environments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I would like to be part of the 5pm group. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I am unable to join the discussions today.
    Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apologies I was unable to make either of the group's this month

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete